Letter to my Graduate

To you my dearest child

This has been a long ride. The day you were born was filled with joy and laughter.  I was so glad to finally welcome you into this world, to hold your hands, kiss your cheeks, sing you songs and tell you stories that would create memories of a lifetime.  I couldn't envision a more glorious day.

We have been through so many ups and downs, but I tried my best to shelter you from all the bad. I wanted you to have everything I never had and more.  The thought of being loved to the point that it hurts (in a good way). I wanted to offer you a little bit of pain so that you were not so sheltered, that you couldn't deal with the world and the disappointments that it will bring to you. The world can be cruel, people will lie to you, they will say all sorts of mean things to you and about you. People will promise you all sorts of things that they know very well they can't give, but that's the reason I provided you with the best so you know what that looks and feels like so anything less is not acceptable.
Some may treat you like you are snobbish, but its ok. You have standards, never settle for anything less.  Always show people how to treat you, and never compromise your worth for a minutes pleasure.

Now you are getting ready to face this world and all it has to offer.  People will mistreat you but there will be those that will genuinely love you.  Surround yourself with like minded positive individuals that are going places.  If you find you self in a group and you are the smartest, find another group. You need to always be among people that challenge you.

This is a new chapter for us. I will no longer have you near to fetch things for me, or even hear you say I can't find it when it is right in your face.  I won't be able to make your special tea every month, and rub your back and make you feel better, but I will always be a phone call away.

Nothing here's the secret to college. get in and get out. simple as that.  Don't spend so much time partying that you forget the studying.  Don't spend too much time doing retakes on classes, concentrate and make it the first time. I want the best for you and I will work hard to provide the best until such time you meet your mate and he then takes on that role.  Be the best that you can be, be the best in everything you do and don't forget to put God first and everything else will fall in line.

So as you get in the car to drive miles away, remember I will be with you till the end. Nothing is too much; I know you worry about the cost of things.  Your job right now is to be a student, pass those classes and get ahead.

I pray for prosperity and Wisdom, long life and peace for you.

Love
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The effects of parental components in a trauma-focused cognitive behavioral based therapy for children exposed to interparental violence

"When he walked out and she moved in"

TROPICAL STORM ERIKA HAS HIT THE ISLAND OF DOMINICA