The Abuse: How I survived it all

This is the process of me telling my story. I have been through numerous traumatic events in my little lifetime.  Most people judge me without even knowing who I truly am. At the tender age of 7 or 8 I think I was beaten so badly with a water hose that  the very presence of water on my skin was excruciating. Sometime we get involved with men and not understand that every man you bring into your life you are also bringing into your children's life. 
I don't think that my mum knew what was going on and if she did I am not sure if she knew how to stop it.  We seldom think that these men would hurt our children but some of them end up doing so.  I was determined that I would not be a victim to this situation so I started counted the days when I would turn eighteen so I could leave.  God I didn't have to endure that mess much longer and he removed that man from our lives.  We never understand why going through the storm what the reasons are for the pain and suffering, but God knows. He has written our story long before we were born and he will never give us more than we can bear.  He will never take us to the storm without making provisions to take us through it.  That situation right there started a whole roller coaster of situations for me as I had low self esteem and got involved with men who took advantage of me, who raped me continuously and beat me daily.  Since I had no support system, I had no choice but to stay.
It was not until that faithful night when I was almost strangled to death by my boyfriend at the time that I reached out for help and told myself I deserve more than this. 
 A few years later, I traveled to the states, obtained two degrees and working on my third. Met a loving man who became my husband and treated me much better than I had in the past. 

No matter what you are going through, you need to lean on the maker and allow him to see you through those storms.  Trust me once you are blessed and there is a calling on your life, the devil works overtime to get you off track.  If it wasn't for my new found faith I would not have made it.  I am here today to tell you that I did.  I suffered through it all, but I am a victor not a victim.

more details coming in the book to stores near you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The effects of parental components in a trauma-focused cognitive behavioral based therapy for children exposed to interparental violence

"When he walked out and she moved in"

TROPICAL STORM ERIKA HAS HIT THE ISLAND OF DOMINICA